Our sew along ladies have been putting together some amazing things and we have some equally awesome prizes! I am so thankful for Danielle at Whimsical Fabric for her help with this sew along! Not only did she find some sample sewists, including herself, she helped get the word out and is offering some wonderful prizes!
$25 gift certificate to Whimsical Fabric
$25 credit to Izzy & Ivy Designs
Half Yard Bundle of Happy Home by Sew Caroline and AGF. $25.40 value, shipped.
(Shipping included for US Residents only. All others pay shipping difference.)
Choice of PDF Pattern from Izzy & Ivy Designs
Lots of great stuff, right? So let’s get those patterns sewn and enter! In the meantime, let’s sew day four!
Section c- sleeves- If you are doing regular sleeves, follow the directions according to the pattern. If you are doing the sleeveless version, please follow these steps
– Sew the side seams with the ties in place as directed in section b. Make sure to finish your seam!
– Take a tape measure and measure the distance around the arm opening, making sure to not stretch the knit as you go. Write down your measurement. Take that number and multiply it by .85, THEN add 1. This is the measurement for your arm bindings and you will need to cut 2 of those from your 1 ½” arm binding piece.
– Fold your arm binding pieces in half so the long sides meet, and press. Unfold, then fold the opposite direction so the short ends meet. Sew a seam on the short end, using a ½” seam allowance, and press the seam open. You will have a loop.
– Fold the loop so that the long sides meet. Using the seam as a starting point, divide the loop into 4 sections and use a pin to mark your place. Divide the arm opening into 4 sections as well, using the side seam as a starting point.
– Match up the side seams and the seam on your arm binding loop, as well as the pins for each section. The binding piece will be smaller, but you will stretch that as you sew.
After you’ve pinned, sew or serge the seam with a ½” seam allowance. If you are using a regular machine, make sure to trim the seam allowance down to ¼” and finish the seam if desired. turn right sides out and press well. Topstitch if desired.
We’re halfway there! Make sure to upload your photo of your completed bodice to our group. You’ll have until 11:59pm on Sunday, August 2 to get your entry in! And if you need to catch up, see the previous days’ posts.by